/> Raising Angels: Please Pray for Me

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Please Pray for Me

Tomorrow morning I am heading to my boys' school to teach the kids about saints. Last year at their party, their teacher (who is Catholic and the school is at our Catholic church) dressed as a witch and scared the living daylights out of Aiden.

I wrote her a letter explaining why his fear was profound and that although I didn't think it was wrong for her to dress-up, a witch was probably not the best witness to the kids. I wrote that I thought they were missing a great opportunity to teach the kids about the true heroes of our faith.

She responded well and asked me to come in and teach the kids. So tomorrow I will have thirty minutes to make the case for our heroic saints to a group of 3 and 4 year olds.

Saint Jude of impossible tasks, help me to get God's message across. St. Anthony please help me find the right things to say at a level they will understand.

Amen.

6 Comments:

Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

You're right. A witch was not the way to go. I'm glad she responded well to your suggestion, and I will pray that the Holy Spirit will inspire your words with the little ones.

7:12 AM  
Blogger nicole said...

Good luck! I'm sure you will do well, and what a great gift to give to your son's class.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Good for you, Amy! I remember going on a Halloween field trip with Elliott's pre-K class to Fat Man's. It was terrifying for him! I felt bad that I didn't think to just keep him home. The witch mask was really scary. Way to take a stand.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless you!!!
You can do this!
How wonderful that you are bringing the little ones to Jesus. The Holy Spirit will guide you.

As a teacher, I'll pray for attentiveness and enthusiasm (which you'll surely get from the little ones!)

3:55 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Thanks so much!

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home