/> Raising Angels: Twelve Weeks

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Twelve Weeks

Today marks twelve weeks. This, I've been telling myself, will be the magic number. I told this to my doctor yesterday at my check up and asked him to wave his magic wand over me and make this awful part of pregnancy go away.

He did, in a valiant effort, wave his pen but thus far it has not worked. This probably has something to do with the fact that I'm not officially out of the first trimester yet. Or it could be the 110 degree heat today. Or maybe it was the funeral of one of my former students I attended today.

Whatever the case, it is not great. In fact, it’s not even good. But I am hopeful. This will pass soon. I'm going to will it so.

Say it with me, "I will feel better. I will no longer be tired, or nauseated, or have insomnia, or indigestion." A new day is coming when I will remember what it is to just feel normal. And, oh what a happy day that will be!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

yes it is true, it will get better.

5:10 PM  
Blogger nicole said...

I hope it gets better soon. I'll say some extra prayers for you and your discomfort.

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home