/> Raising Angels: 10 Weeks!

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

10 Weeks!

I will feel better. I will have more energy. I will have less indigestion. I will say goodbye to the nausea. I will WILL it away if I have to.

Things can only go up from here. Today I rejoiced simply because it marked ten weeks into this pregnancy. That's a whole fourth of the way through. That's got to count for something.

Then I went into a tailspin much like I did my first 5K when someone said you’re a fourth of the way through. Only a fourth? How can I possibly go for three times more than I've already done? I already feel spent.

But I quickly bounced back and told myself that I'm not looking at the long run today, I'm simply celebrating a very simple, but significant, victory.

I felt much better when I took a look at the pregnancy ticker I added thanks to 4and counting who just happens to be due the exact same day I am. Then she gave me the following award. It's so nice to have pregnant friends!

5 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Ten weeks! Wow! You're right, things will only get better from here.

And, I just have to agree with 4and counting that you are most certainly deserving of the Blogger Reflection Award!

12:01 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Thanks so much Melissa!

4:08 PM  
Blogger nicole said...

Hopefully the final 3/4 won't be as difficult as the first 1/4. As to my due date, I chose a day between the two calculators I used online. And, since I have scheduled c-sections, I will likely deliver a week early. But until I know for sure I'm keeping it as is and we can always know exactly what point the other is at!

6:34 PM  
Blogger Mom said...

You will feel fabulous in your second trimester and will soon forget the misery of the first.
Hopefully at most you have 3 weeks left of the nausea.
Hang in there! Buy some cute clothes at Gap maternity.
:)

2:37 AM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

4andcounting - so nice to have a partner for "the race".

Lassie, Ooh, good idea - new maternity clothes!

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home