/> Raising Angels: Beach Thoughts

Friday, August 10, 2007

Beach Thoughts

We're heading to the beach tomorrow with Nelson's family. Usually I really look forward to vacations, especially at the beach. However, this go around I'm not looking forward to putting my first trimester, overtired, nauseated, pregnant self out there in front of everyone.

There's also the fact that we've been breaking all kinds of records with the heat wave down here. Temperatures close to 110 with even higher heat indexes. Hmmm...extreme heat reflecting off hot sand, while nauseated - not looking forward to that either.

Ah, but then there's the fact that my husband is actually going with us. This will make the longest time we've been together since we went to Rome in October. This house widow is really looking forward to just having him around for a change.

There's also the fact that I absolutely love to watch my kids enjoy the sand, surf and pool. They are all at such fun ages. We really have fun playing together.

So, as long as it's a good week for me, I will have a wonderful time. Yeah, let's pray for that.

And now back to packing for five. In some ways I'm way ahead of the game. Then there's my pregnant self that is struggling to stay awake and trying to tell me that I can just do it all in the morning. Ah, but I also know that my pregnant morning person will hate me for that decision.

Let’s hope the two can come to a nice compromise. After all, next week is vacation, and like my mom always says, “A rainy (or pregnant) day at the beach is better than a rainy day at home.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home