/> Raising Angels: Sibling Scandal

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Sibling Scandal

My brother, Father Aaron, was in town tonight for Father John's wake. After the wake he and I joined my brother Brian and his wife for dinner.

The four of us gathered at the restaurant around 8:00 and I just got home. I think we literally closed the place down. Between us, there was never a moment of silence. There were a lot of shared laughs and even some deep conversation.

As we all walked out to the parking lot continuing to chat away, I thought about how blessed I am. My brothers are my best friends. Tonight I thoroughly enjoyed our adulthood.

It was immediately after this thought that the image of the four of us sitting in the booth came to mind. On one side, a married couple. On the other side, a man in a Roman collar with a woman with the beginnings of a baby bump.

Uh oh!

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Too funny! I laugh to imagine the scene!

But I know what you mean, though, about the pleasurable company of adult brothers. I just enjoyed a weekend with my oldest and his family, and it was so much fun.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

It's funny the things you never think of until you're in that situation :).

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home