/> Raising Angels: Please Join Me in Prayer

Friday, August 03, 2007

Please Join Me in Prayer

For Reverend John O'Brien who, tragically, was killed in a car accident last night. He was our parish priest growing up. He moved to Valdosta, GA to become pastor of St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church until the new assignments came out this summer. For the last several months he had been back in Augusta as the pastor of St. Theresa's Catholic Church.

He was a holy priest and loved by all. He will most certainly be missed.

May his soul and all the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy,
Thanks for posting the news about Father O'Brien. I will definitely join you in prayer. It's tragic, but I'm glad I learned about it. I have many good memories of him from Holy Trinity. I'm in Atlanta, and my Mom had just told me this week that he was back in Augusta. I hope your morning sickness eases up soon.
Take care,
Jennifer

12:51 PM  
Blogger Hillbillburbian Files said...

Amy, You are in my thoughts and prayers. Was saddened to hear of the passing of Father John. I remember him as a kind and gentle soul. Hope you're feeling better soon. Tami

3:38 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Thanks so much ladies.

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home