/> Raising Angels: How to Know When the Punishment is too Light

Thursday, August 02, 2007

How to Know When the Punishment is too Light

As is my habit these days, I was lying in bed this morning nibbling on some crackers and praying for a better day. I tried to be as still as possible.

Please God help me to feel better. Please help me to not take out my sickness on my children. Help me to be kind. Help me to be patient. PPLLEEAASSEE.

It was at that moment the yelling began. The kids were playing games on the computer and I heard something drop to the floor. Then I heard Mackenzie yelling something at the boys. Inevitably, the next thing I heard were her feet running to my door.

"Mom!" she said in her most dramatic fashion, as if the world had ended. "I was playing on the computer because you said it was my turn and the boys were pushing all these buttons then the screen went black and they threw the mouse on the floor," she finally finished, needing to come up for air.

"Okay Mackenzie," I said calmly, remaining as still as possible, "tell the boys to come here."

Some more yelling by Mackenzie ensued followed by the reluctant footsteps of two guilty boys. Their heads peeked in ever so innocently. "Yes Mama?"

"Did you push buttons on the computer and throw the mouse on the floor?"

One stern look from me and their joint response was a meek, "Yes mam."

"Neither one of you are allowed to play the computer the rest of the day. Now go into your room and stay there until I tell you to come out."

As they turned to leave, Dawson looked at Aiden and smiled with a bit of a skip in his step. Then he began to joyously sing, "We're not gonna get a spankin'. We're not gonna get a spankin'!"

1 Comments:

Blogger nicole said...

Funny boys. I hope you feel better soon.

Maybe the blogger award I gave you will brighten your day. :)

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home