/> Raising Angels: Mass of Thanksgiving

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Mass of Thanksgiving

I've discovered that an ordination is just as exhausting as a wedding. It also has many, many blessings. I promise to post a few photos and some information about the big day as soon as I catch up on laundry, meet the deadline for an ordination article I'm writing and clean up the house for mass tomorrow.

The kids have tolerated all of the activities exceptionally well, especially considering that most of them required that they sit still and be quiet (the ordination itself was over 2 1/2 hours).

Sunday morning as we were getting ready for church Mackenzie came into my room. "Why don't you go ahead and get dressed for church," I suggested.

"Are we going to another ordination today?"

"No. Today is Uncle Aaron's Mass of Thanksgiving."

"Oh," she said. Then after a brief pause she asked, "But why is he saying a Mass of Thanksgiving when it's not really the season for that?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home