/> Raising Angels: Great Expectations

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Great Expectations

My brother, the deacon, soon to be a ordained Roman Catholic priest, came home for good last night. We celebrated tonight with a family dinner.

After we finished eating and were sitting around the table catching up, Aiden got up and went over to sit in Aaron's lap. Aaron was showing us his holy cards for the ordination and the chalice he purchased.

Aiden was fascinated and streaming off his usual questions when Aaron looked at him and said, "You'll have these things too when you become a priest."

Without missing a beat Aiden responded, "No. I'm going to be Pope!"

4 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

ALways trying to one-up people huh?
LOL

11:22 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Yep. You know how competitive boys can be. If this is the way they choose to challenge each other - more power to them!

12:50 AM  
Blogger Kitty said...

CUTE!! That reminds me of a story my Mom told me. My brother was in the seminary at the time, and studying in Rome. My Mom went to her hair dresser and was telling her about all her children and what they were doing in their lives. When she mentioned her son, studying to be a priest in Rome, the hair dresser was fascinated. She gave my Mom a bit of advice: "Make sure you tell him to get into the Swiss Guard. They are very close to the Pope. He can 'get in good' with the Pope and then be made a Cardinal. And then he can be Pope some day!!"

7:38 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Kitty, that was good advice. The Swiss Guard are in and my brother was a friend to many of them while studying in Rome. I just hope one of them goes for it. That way I'll definitely get to kiss the Pope's ring at some time :).

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home