/> Raising Angels: Hooray for Cement!

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Hooray for Cement!






Today the most exciting thing happened. The floor for the basement of our house was poured. It has been a LONG time coming, like every other stage of this home build, but hopefully, it will get the ball really rolling this time.

To appreciate it as much as I do, which is virtually impossible, you have to know a few things:
1. We bought the house that used to be on this property almost 2 years ago.
2. This summer, we picked that house up and literally moved it up the road.
3. The dig began late October.
4. First it was 3 feet too short.
4. Next it was 2 feet too deep.
5. Then it rained and rained and rained and rained and rained and rained some more.
6. With at least 10 tons of dirt on our properties, we had to actually BUY dirt so they could compact the floor to prepare for the cement.

Today, thanks be to God; Bob, our project manager and angel; my husband; and the good people who own the cement company we have the beginnings of an actual home.

Hip, hip, HOORAY!

3 Comments:

Blogger Patti Doughty said...

Just the beginning of lots more exciting days - like when all the exterior walls are up, once they have all the interior walls framed out and you can actually walk from room to room and show McKenzie where her room is, then having the roof up, the counters and cabinets in, the closing...

Lots more exciting days to come, and I'm glad we get to share every one of them with you.

Congrats on the foundation!!!

Patti

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's about time! I expect to see a house when I come home this summer.
By the way, I have some answers for the question you asked me to look into.
Ciao,
Aaron

11:37 AM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Patti, I'll keep everyone posted. I may even call you for some help since you've been through this process recently.

Aaron, I wish I could say you'd see something finished when you come home but I think that's blue-skying. Hopefully, we'll have something you can actually walk inside of though.

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home