/> Raising Angels: I Asked For It

Thursday, February 22, 2007

I Asked For It

Well, I asked the Lord to bring it on and bring it on He did. We’re only two days into Lent! I can tell already that this one is going to be a doozy. Good thing I put it in motion on Tuesday.

Tuesday night I got the call that Nelson's grandmother, affectionately Nana, passed away. She was matriarch supreme of her family and she will be missed dearly by all who knew and loved her.

God again was good. He gave Nelson the same gift he gave to me when my Grandfather died. Sunday Nelson took Mackenzie and Aiden to her birthday party. I had to stay home with Dawson because he was sick. However, when I got the call, I hung up and thanked God for having allowed Nelson and his entire family to see her one more time, give her a hug and a kiss and tell her goodbye. When Nelson came home and I told him, I reminded him of how good God is. Not only did he get to say goodbye, but Nana knew she was loved. May she rest in peace.

Wednesday night as I was dishing out the potato soup, Nelson walked in with Klondike bars and a half gallon of ice cream. "Oh..." he said as I gazed at them longingly and quickly placed it in the VERY BACK of the freezer, "did you give up sweets for Lent?"

Today I had the privilege of hosting two tapings of a new local gospel music show called Southern Gospel Saturday Night. I know nothing of the Gospel music world and was told nothing about the groups coming on the show until they arrived at the studio. The first group is called 3 for 1 and the next group was Mike and Kelly Bowling. Come to find out, the three people in the second group are nominated for four Dove Awards. I don't know much, but I do know that that is a very big deal.

It was a humbling experience first because I am totally ignorant of the entire genre of music; second, I knew neither of the groups, which I could tell surprised them; third, the guy running the show and co-hosting wanted to do everything "off the cuff" which is not my forte. He was a nice guy but I had a very hard time telling when he was done questioning or speaking. Other times he quit all together and I had to try to pick up the slack. Definitely, not my best work, but a great experience.

They're taping two new shows next week and they asked me back. Hopefully they'll tell me who's coming this time so I can do a little advanced research.

All in all it's been a roller coaster and I still have 37 days to go. Ah Lent, I love you so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home