/> Raising Angels: The ABC's of Homemaking

Thursday, February 08, 2007

The ABC's of Homemaking

I have been tagged by 4andcounting and to show my desire to always be a part of the game, I decided to play along.



Aprons-Y/N:
I have an apron but I barely ever wear it, and yes, I often regret that decision. Perhaps if I had one that was really cute…

Baking-Favorite thing to bake:
I love baking just about anything but I especially love doing cakes. In a pinch I go for taste alone but most of the time I love making beautiful and fun cakes. It’s an opportunity to work my love for art into every day life.

Clothesline-Y/N:
No. I did learn to use them while working with the MCs. I don’t care what anyone says, I’ll take my soft fluffy clothes from the dryer any day.

Donuts-Have you ever made them?
Yes. Try frying canned bisquits and glazing them. Almost like Krispy Kreme.

Every day – One homemaking thing you do every day:
Clean the kitchen.

Freezer – Do you have a separate deep freeze?
Yes. I love it. Mostly I buy a lot of meat when it goes on sale.

Garbage disposal-Y/N:
Yes.

Handbook – What is your favorite homemaking resource?
Lately I’ve been trying out the FlyLady website. The constant emails are overwhelming but I love her idea of baby steps. My house is cleaner because of her.

Ironing-Love it or hate it?
I don’t mind it if I can watch TV, but I have a bad tendency of letting it pile up.

Junk drawer-Y/N? Where is it?
Yes, in the kitchen.

Kitchen-Design and Decorating?
Bright cheery blue, yellow and white. I love it.

Love-What is your favorite part of homemaking?
Sitting down in a clean house.

Mop-Y/N?
Of course. Three kids under 6. You do the math.

Nylons-Wash by hand or in the washing machine?
I have discovered that these are no longer in style.

Oven – Do you use the window or open the oven to check?
Open the door.

Pizza-What do you put on yours?
Honestly, my favorite pizza is anything made by one of our local dives called the Pizza Joint. My favorite there has spinach, artichokes, tomatoes, and sausage.

Quiet – What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
One of two things. I usually run around like a mad woman trying to clean and do dinner prep before they wake up. For a year now I have really loved keeping this blog.

Recipe card box-Y/N?
Mine are in a mini picture album. Most of them are now on my computer and I love logging on to the Food Network to get new ideas.

Style of house:
This one small. Next one big.

Tablecloths and napkins – Y/N?
Okay…remember the kids. I stick with placemats usually.

Under the kitchen sink – Organized or toxic wasteland?
Not too bad. I know what’s under there and where to find it.

Vacuum-How many times per week?
Once, on average. Needed daily.

Wash – How many loads of laundry do you do per week?
I’m trying one load a day as directed by the FlyLady.

X’s – Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?
I’ve always been a list maker. It gives me a sense of accomplishment to cross things off.

Yard – Y/N? Who does what?
I’m going to plead the 5th on this one so I don’t have to tell you that my husband hates yard work and that I can probably count on two hands the number of times he’s mowed our lawn.

Zzz’s -What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?
After tucking the kids into bed, I clean the kitchen, pack their lunches and sweep the floor. I get such a sense of calm knowing that it will stay clean for the entire night!

2 Comments:

Blogger nicole said...

So glad to hear someone needs to vacuum as much as me, but doesn't do it as often as they need to. I should do it daily too, but once a week is about the best I have done lately.

11:28 PM  
Blogger Mom said...

I have a red apron with white polka dots on it, it's really quite festive and when I put it on, I feel motivated to work in the kitchen more and even to clean other areas of the house.

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home