/> Raising Angels: Bring It On!

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Bring It On!

Fat Tuesday = Fat Amy. You'd think there was a famine going around the way I stuffed in anything sweet today. With Lent on the horizon, sweets went down with the sun. I accomplished my main goal - to make myself so sick of sweets that I see the good in giving them up.

Ah Lent, I love it. It's a great excuse to get disciplined. As I've thought about it over the last few days, I’ve realized that I've gone pretty easy on myself the last few Lents. You know, three pregnancies in four years, and all those babies to care for. I got so used to giving myself excuses that the easy way out became the norm.

The jury is still out on what exactly I will be doing and giving up (other than the afore mentioned sweets) but one thing's for sure - this will be a Boot Camp Lent for me. I'm ready for it to be hard again. I'm in desperate need of some serious discipline and sacrifice.

No more excuses. No more taking it easy. This year my Lent WILL count for something. Bring it on!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to Go AMY!!!! I decided to give up sweets especially chocolate too. Which if you know me(and you do)is NOT going to be easy.I love the way your able to embace a challenge for Jesus! And just sharing your enthusiasm and motivation will assist me beyond measure. Thanx for the AWESOME exsample you are to me! Love ya, T*

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home