/> Raising Angels: Counting Valentines

Monday, February 12, 2007

Counting Valentines

This evening the kids wrote out their Valentine cards. Mackenzie did all her own writing but on Aiden and Dawson's I did all the writing and let them copy their names under the ones I wrote.

Of course, Dawson just scribbled away but he had a grand time doing it. Mackenzie zipped through hers much faster than last year. And Aiden, well, Aiden was actually writing his name on each of his twelve Valentines.

Sometimes he did his name and other times he wrote the name of his classmate. Each time I was very impressed. Not only did he write things that were legible, he recognized the names of his classmates as he pulled each one out of the pile.

When he finally finished with number 12 he was very proud of himself. "Mama, I finished," he beamed with those deep dimples of his. "I did all of them. I did one for all my friends." Then he looked at the little stack of cards and asked, "Is this all the friends I have?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home