/> Raising Angels: Aiden's Pledge

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Aiden's Pledge

Aiden has been reciting the Pledge of Allegiance for months now. I think it’s amazing how clearly he says it. This afternoon in the car on the way home from school he announced that he was the helper today.

"And you know what Mama?! I held the flag really still. I didn't touch it to the ground or ANYTHING," he shouted proudly.

"What do you say when you're holding the flag?" I knew the answer and had heard it many times before but it never gets old.

He proceeded not only to say it, but to attempt to teach Dawson how to say it as well. Oh how I wish I had the camera then. "No Dawson. You put your hand here like this. No...just ONE hand. Now say this..."

So cute! It was memorable enough that before I plopped him in bed tonight, I got out the camera and had him do it again.

So go on. Race on over here and hear it for yourself. One thing I didn’t realize is that they do synchronized pledging at school. Where else would he come up with those moves? Also, I guess what they say is true. A man's heart truly is in his stomach!

Good job Aiden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home