/> Raising Angels: Indian Giver

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Indian Giver

"Mama!" exclaimed Aiden as I entered his classroom. "I made you a bracelet today and it's blue 'cause that's your favrit color!"

We walked over to his hook and hanging there was a necklace made of plastic blue cording and several foam shapes. "It's beautiful Aiden. May I wear it now?"

He shook his head and watched proudly as I struggled to fit it over my head. We then picked up Dawson and headed to the car. As I was buckling Dawson in, his eye caught my new necklace. "What's dat Mama?"

"It's a necklace Aiden made for me today," I beamed.

"I have it?"

Aiden piped in, "Sure you can have it Dawson. Mama you can give it to Dawson."

I was a little disappointed about losing my gift so soon but I honored Aiden's request and placed it around Dawson's neck. Dawson lifted the shapes and examined them. Then, in a high pitched, sweet, soft voice he said, "Oh Aiden dis bootiful!"

Suddenly I realized that the right person was wearing the gift.

2 Comments:

Blogger My name is Dianna said...

Amy-Don't you just love it when they are so guenuinely generous with each other?! We are sooo very blessed by our kids. I love to hear about moments like these, especially with my own girls--it makes me feel like I am doing something right! All that time on our knees is well worth it!

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No wonder you couldn't get it over your head----Aiden told you it was a bracelet!!!!!

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home