/> Raising Angels: Happy Shopping

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Happy Shopping

Sometimes...well almost all the time...wait a minute...ALL of the time, God gives us what we need when we need it.

I have been obsessing over the house lately and realized suddenly that I have a big event next weekend and I really wanted a new dress. I was debating with myself because the reality of the situation is that I don't NEED a new dress, I just WANT one. You know how it is, when you know you're going to be up in front of hundreds of people, you need to feel pretty. At least, I need to feel pretty.

I was at the Y earlier this week mulling over this vanity of mine when I ran into a friend who, not to say she is vain at all, but well, she likes to look good like I do. I mentioned to her that I wanted something new but I just didn't think I had the time to get something. She not only talked me into getting something, she offered to go with me.

So today, I got a sitter for the boys and spent a couple of hours at the mall with my friend. I had SO MUCH FUN! We tried on loads of dresses and shoes together. We chatted and laughed like we were in school again. She helped me choose the dress, find the camisole to go under it (ultra low cut not appropriate for the event...or at all), new shoes AND jewelry.

At the end of it she gave me a hug and told me how much fun she had. We decided that we needed to spend more time together (ah, the mantra of all mothers and their girlfriends).

What I realized at the end of the day was that I was very happy. Sure I was glad about my new things but mostly I was grateful for some time with a friend. It was nice to look for something that you can't find at Lowe’s or Home Depot.

Tomorrow it will be back to the house grind again but today I am very grateful that God sent me that friend. He really does care about the little things!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home