/> Raising Angels: Santa Came to England and Ireland Last Year

Friday, December 15, 2006

Santa Came to England and Ireland Last Year

I have been having trouble getting to sleep lately...all week. I get a little loopy when I have had a lack of sleep for an extended period of time. I was working on Christmas stuff (what else) when I came across this.

It's a video we took of Aiden and Mackenzie about a year ago when we were in London and they appeared on the X Factor. It's a little longer than the Silent Night but worth the few minutes it takes to watch it. Keep an eye on Mackenzie's tapping foot and Aiden's Elvis hips. At this time they were in a foreign country on a stage in front of at least one hundred people and only 5 and 2 years old. Mackenzie is still right on key and Aiden, well he's kind of her "gangsta" backup.


Notice how the host points them to the screen to read the words, obviously noticing my two child geniuses. Notice the shyness, the way they hate to hold the microphones, the aversion to the attention and applause, their quickness to leave the stage. All I can say is that the apples don't fall far from the tree.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

That was really cute!

6:43 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Amy, that was just TOO CUTE!!!

My kids keep wanting to watch it over and over again! :)

1:37 PM  
Blogger Blair said...

Wow, what a gift for the stage your kids have! Reminds me of myself when I was little :) I know I'm online too much when you're daughter showed up in my dream last night, leading a whole group of hundreds of people in a prayer service! Funny!

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To Mackenzie and Aiden

We just saw you performing in England, and it was wonderful. As usual, we are VERY proud of you.

Love, Papa and Damma

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home