/> Raising Angels: Happy Birthday Dad!

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Happy Birthday Dad!

Like little girls everywhere, my dad is my hero. And, even though I'm not so little anymore, I look up to him all the same. It may be the way he comes to my rescue when I need anything - a run to the grocery store, a last minute sitter, a ride home from the auto shop, an ear to listen. It may be the way he has loved and supported me throughout my entire life - dance recitals, band concerts, plays I've acted in and ones I've directed.


Yes, those are all qualities I love. But, it's more than that. He's my hero because he didn't have it so easy growing up. He didn't have the best example of what a family should be. In spite of that - because of that, he has worked hard to keep our family close. Though good times and bad, he remains devoted to family. In fact, when my little brother Kevin graduated from high school, he told him, "Always remember that Killips is more than a name, it's a family."


This specific quality has spilled over to other families. He is quick to invite others to his home, as well as invite himself into theirs. He loves children. And they really love him. He has such a way with kids that I couldn't wait to have some of my own just to watch him play with them. He has not let me down. He stops by on a regular basis just to say hi. As you can see from the pictures, he would give them the shirt off his back if they asked him for it. He would even let them blow out his birthday candles.

Dad, there are so many ways I love you, so many ways I look up to you, so many ways I am grateful to you. Thank you for everything you've given me, everything you've saved me from, everything you've done for me.

Happy Birthday! I love you!

2 Comments:

Blogger daisy heidmiller said...

great family blog. enjoyed photos. happy holidays.kids are the best. i had 6 and wish more. daisy

3:30 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Thanks Daisy!

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home