/> Raising Angels: Silent Night

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Silent Night

Saturday was unbelievable. Mackenzie, even though she is fighting a cold, sang the song better than ever. She was not nervous in the least. She stood there angelically and beautifully and never even hesitated on a word. Amazing! I am SO PROUD of you girl!
When we arrived early in the gym I had her rehearse with me one last time. It was perfect and I cried. I cried again when the lights went down and the curtains were pulled. I got choked up when I saw her walk onto the stage with her class. However, when her moment came, I couldn't do anything but beam with complete and utter awe and joy.

What an honor to be chosen as the only soloist in the entire school. What a memory we made. What an angel I have as a daughter. Did I already say how proud I am?

Unfortunately, the video I took with our digital camera leaves a lot to be desired. The video Nelson got on the camcorder is much better. I just can't upload that onto the computer.

However, because four of her uncles missed her great solo, I have put it here anyway. If you can bear two minutes of a crick in your neck, the sound quality is pretty good and if you wait until the third verse, you can actually see her face. See for yourself.



Mackenzie, you are a special child. I have known that since the day I knew you were coming. You have been given so many gifts from God. It blesses me to see you using those gifts to give glory to Him. May you always give your talents back to God. I am so proud of you, impressed by you, in awe of you. I love you!

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Very sweet, Amy. She did a great job!

What's up with the lighting though? Shouldn't there be a spotlight on her...she seems to be in the shadows?

5:46 AM  
Blogger nicole said...

That was beautiful. Thanks for sharing with all of us.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

What a beautiful little angel! Thanks so much for sharing the video. She was awesome!

11:44 AM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Michelle, we're a low budget school so the lighting is not professional. It was better live than in the video though. The digital camera just didn't do it justice.

My whole goal in videoing it with the camera instead of still shots was to be able to share it with my readers because I wanted to share with everyone the answer to their prayers.

If I ever get another version, I'll replace this one.

Thanks for all the compliments. You should see Mackenzie's face light up as I read each one to her!

4:46 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Oh, Amy, I didn't really expect a real spotlight. It just looked like she was lurking in the shadows. I'm glad to know that it was better in real life.

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home