/> Raising Angels: Tis the Season to Volunteer

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Tis the Season to Volunteer

After spending the morning with Mackenzie's class Thursday, I felt it only fair to help out with the Thanksgiving Feast at the boys' school. Preparing a Thanksgiving meal for 20 toddlers was my life multiplied by 10. Buttering rolls, cutting turkey into bite size pieces and opening juice boxes made me feel right at home.

Our pastor and Director of Religious Education came to eat lunch with the kids which I thought was great. They sat in the little chairs just like everyone else. They did however, cut their own food.

The kids presented Father Tim with three big boxes of food for the poor and then sang him two Thanksgiving songs. Did you know there were such things?



My favorite of the two goes like this:





A turkey is a funny bird.
His head goes wobble, wobble.
He only has one fine thing to say,
"Gobble, gobble, gobble!"

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Thank goodness you didn't have to cut the adults' food too!

When my oldest was in preschool, I helped with a Valentine's Day party. At the end of the "day" (2 1/2 hours later), I asked the teacher how she survives the chaos every day...does she go home and have a glass of wine? She said she goes home and has a whole bottle!

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home