/> Raising Angels: Good Thing I Love You Kevin

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Good Thing I Love You Kevin

Well it's been awhile but tonight I received the call once again.

Kevin: "Hey Amy. What are you doing right now?"

Me: "Just looking some stuff up on the computer and getting ready to cook dinner. Why?"

Kevin: "If I send you something do you think you could just take a look at it?"

Me: "What is it?"

Kevin: "Well it's that application for the leadership position at school I told you about earlier this week."

Me: "You mean the one that has to be 25 to 30 pages long?"

Kevin: "Um, yeah, but it's not really that long and it's not totally finished so you won't have to read the whole thing."

Me: "When do you need it back?"

Kevin: "Well, I'd like to take it to the printer's in the morning."

Kevin is the third in line of brothers needing my assistance with papers. Some called on me more than others but all have ALWAYS waited until the last minute.

So tonight, after cooking dinner, eating, making Nelson's sweet potatoes to take to his office Thanksgiving lunch tomorrow, packing lunches and cleaning up the kitchen, I sat down to read the paper.

I just finished it. Why do I do these things to myself? It's not been so long since I was doing it myself and I always had people willing to edit my stuff when needed. I'm his sister (and in essence his second mother being 14 years his senior) so that's just what I do.

You always hope that your college education will come in handy. It's just that the opportunities to use it always seem to come at the most inconvenient times.

Good thing I love you Kevin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home