/> Raising Angels: Phinizy Swamp

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Phinizy Swamp

I chaperoned my first field trip of the year last Thursday. Mackenzie's class went to a local swamp to learn about amphibians and reptiles. I found it hard to believe that in all of the years I’ve lived here, I've never visited this place. It’s only about 15 minutes from my house.

Even though it was much colder than any of us anticipated or dressed for, we had a great time. I was inspired and hope to bring the kids back for lots more hikes through the grounds. Imagine, leaves, bugs, reptiles, rocks and water! My boys would love this place.

Of course, the highlight was touching a real snake. I even braved it. Well, okay, I had to since all of the kids did. It wasn't too bad. Besides that, I learned a lot about the habitats and characteristics of some of the amphibians and reptiles that live here. Very cool indeed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne Temple said...

I LOVE that colorful jacket!

1:17 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Thanks. She saw it on the rack at a church charity sale and just HAD to have it. Now, she won't leave home without it.

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home