/> Raising Angels: Mom?

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Mom?

Well, yet another thing happened this weekend that rocked my world.

It was Saturday morning and with nowhere to go until the afternoon we all stayed in our pajamas while I made banana pancakes and the kids played, happily anticipating the late breakfast.

I was busy flipping the second batch when I heard it - a loud, low, oddly familiar sound. It didn't register the first time because of its somewhat foreign nature so I kept on flipping.

Then, I heard it again. And this time I recognized who it was coming from but not what he was saying. It was Dawson hopping down the hallway shouting my name...not his name for me...just my title. That's right. In hopped my newly two year old shouting, "Mom!" at the top of his lungs.

What happened to "Mama"? What about "Mommy"? Where did my baby go? I decided then and there that this was a word not unlike a dirty one coming from him. I am not ready to accept this level of maturity from my baby. I don't want to be Mom all around just yet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

They do "Mommy" a lot longer when they don't have older siblings. My youngest broke my heart that way pretty early too.

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home