/> Raising Angels: Isn't God Good!

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Isn't God Good!

I've had some time to reflect on Aiden's rock incident and I think I've learned something.

I had already planned to use Friday as my retreat planning day (none too soon since it started Saturday!). Consequently, I had built in a few hours to pray and get my thoughts together - just for the record, I had been THINKING about the retreat for several weeks. Anyway, I think God showed me something between taking my friend to pick up her van and writing my talk.

Aiden’s action, did not change the way I feel about him. I love him regardless of the effects of his bad decision. I know he didn't mean to do it. I know his heart is in the right place. I also know he can't pay for the window, so I did because I'm his mom and that's what I do.

We are all God's children and heaven knows, we've probably all picked up some rocks along the way. In fact, we've probably thrown a few just to see what would happen. The results, unfortunately, are not pretty.

In spite of this, in spite of us and our silly, stupid mistakes, God loves us. Our actions do not make Him love us any less. Sure, there are consequences to deal with, but He is always there to help us out. He is always willing to give us a big hug and tell us how much He loves us. And, when the debt is more than we can pay on our own, He pays it for us.

Isn't God good!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!!!

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home