/> Raising Angels: Retreat Report

Monday, November 06, 2006

Retreat Report

Thanks for all of the prayers. The retreat was fantastic. I don't think I've ever spoken in front of a more welcoming and receptive group of people.

I have to admit that when I got out of the car and the first two groups of women I saw were much older than I am, I got nervous. What could I possible tell these women that they didn't already know? Why would they want to hear from someone like me? I've always spoken to youth before, never adults. My heart was racing as I prepared to speak.

But, as always, God was God and He spoke through me. I can't describe it any other way. What a humbling experience it is. How encouraging and inspiring it was to share Jesus with others.

Talking about my own personal journey in prayer served to remind me of how very blessed I am - how much God loves me, in spite of me. It is amazing how instantly you can get to know someone when you have God in common.

Consequently, my faith was built. I am in the kitchen baking like crazy for a shower I forgot I was helping to give...TONIGHT. But, I am peaceful. In fact, I'm joyful. The praise music is blaring in the background and the boys are quietly building with Lego's. My life is good because Jesus loves me and I am so grateful that He lets me tell other people about that!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy, I'd like to have your e-mail address if you don't mind. I gave you mine and I'd love you to email me yours. We all really enjoyed you and Dian and Martha! We couldn't stop talking about it in Bible Study! Lol. There is a man in there and we tried to explain it all to him. You did great relating to us. I was also nervous when I saw how much older all of the women were! I was one of the youngest there!

5:48 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

I was so glad to see you and the other few young women. I knew then and there that I'd definitely connect.

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home