/> Raising Angels: Two of My Prince Charmings

Monday, September 25, 2006

Two of My Prince Charmings


Life with the kitten has been a roller coaster ride. I finally gave in to a pet because my kids adore any animal and Mackenzie has been begging us for any live creature to call her own.

I thought a cat would be a nice compromise. It would be an animal she could love and one that I didn't have to care for. I’m so busy caring for humans right now that I have been adamantly against adding an animal to the mix.Then there was a birthday and the cutest kitten staring back at me. I gave in knowing that cats are low maintenance animals.

Since then I have had to clean up messes in three different rooms. I have threatened to send this cat back if he does it again. I mean really, I'm enjoying having two who are potty trained and one who is one the way. I don't need any more you know what to deal with.

On top of that, I have had to fish him out of every cabinet and corner of the house, not to mention once out of the toilet. Now tell me, after you've finished laughing that is, how a cat who hates water wants to jump in the toilet.
If we don't send him back, I suggested that we at least try changing his name to one that he can live up to. Then, I watched this happen last Thursday and decided that maybe, just maybe, he might have a little charm in him after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home