/> Raising Angels: I'm Glad It's Still a Foreign Language to Her

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I'm Glad It's Still a Foreign Language to Her

Mackenzie and I had some time before our Mother/Daughter pizza party tonight so we decided to walk to the event which was a short distance from our home.

As we rounded the corner of our street I saw a rather interesting man walking directly towards us. Instead of crossing the road, he stayed on our side passing a little too close for my comfort.

I grabbed Mackenzie's hand tightly as he approached, smiled and kept right on walking. He began to proposition me rather bluntly and loudly. I ignored him and walked quicker.

Mackenzie looked at me and said, "Mama, I can't understand him. Can you?"

"No," I said, praying she believed me.

"Oh," she replied, "he must be speaking Spanish."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quick thinking Amy! Thank Goodness for the innocence of children!

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home