/> Raising Angels: 10 Days Til Rome And...

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

10 Days Til Rome And...

We're T minus 10 days until our departure for Rome, Italy where my brother will be ordained a transitional deacon in the Catholic Church. I've been so busy and distracted by the busyness of life that it has snuck up on me.

We got our tickets over 8 months ago, the apartment over 6 months ago, as well as childcare for my two baby boys who are staying behind. Everything has been peaceful and in order until yesterday.

I discovered that some flight plans have changed. I realized that Muslims are threatening to take the life of the Pope and we're headed directly to an American ordination that will fill St. Peter's. And, Dawson's caregiver has taken ill and can no longer keep him.

All of a sudden I felt like my prior planning was not preventing poor performance. After thinking and praying for a solution, my cousin graciously offered to come into my home and take care of Dawson. In fact, she was moved to tears that I asked her. I was blown away by her most generous offer.

I pray for the people watching my children to have a miraculous amount of grace. I pray that my boys are the angels I know that they are for the whole time we're gone. I pray for our safety both on the journey and in Rome. And, I pray for my brother's peace and joy as he approaches ordination.

If you think of it, will you pray those prayers for me too? You know…ask and you shall receive.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Three Hail Marys for a safe and happy trip!

6:55 AM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Three thank you's for the prayers!

9:08 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Prayers for you and your family...

Hope it all goes well!

12:12 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

I'll take all the prayers I can get:).

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home