/> Raising Angels: Single Parents

Monday, June 12, 2006

Single Parents

Here's a shout out to all single parents out there. Good job! Way to go! Your names should be on the super heroes list.

My husband has left me alone with all the kids many times and it is always very hard work. Not only do I have to do everything myself (which is not unusual anyway with his work hours and now adding in new house building hours as well), but I don't have the comfort and security of knowing he's coming home. I don't have his wonderful companionship. I don't have his positive attitude and loving words to keep me going.

I don't know how single parents do it without losing their sanity. Just the weekend alone with kids throwing up everywhere was enough to exhaust me and to make me feel sick myself. I can't imagine doing that knowing I would never catch a break.

A round of applause also goes out to all of you military wives who become single parents for long stretches of time. Not only do you carry the burdens of your household, but you also live with the knowledge that your husbands are being put in harm's way on a daily basis. Thank you, and your husbands, for sacrificing so much for the sake of our country!

It's just so hard to feel sorry for yourself when you know that there are so many people out there who have it harder than you. Who sacrifice more than you. Who do it better than you.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

Amy, I posted again all about how I am doing.
Thx for asking!

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless you, Amy! I will definitely whine a lot less today, at least, and thank God that a cyber-distant sister in Christ exhorted me to gratitude.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Nicole I say a little prayer for you often without knowing who you are.

When things get tough, I find it helpful to offer it up for those who need it. When it's my kids that are tough, I pray for all couples who want to conceive, which makes me thankful for that I have kids, no matter how challenging they can be. I also pray for parents who have to do it on their own.

After I get through with that, things never seem so bad.

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home