/> Raising Angels: The Birds and The Bees?

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The Birds and The Bees?

We were eating a late dinner tonight at the table while Nelson sat at the other end with a priest, who is a dear friend of our family and who baptized Mackenzie.

Mackenzie looked at me and asked, "Mom, how do babies get in your tummy?"

Stunned as to the nature of this question, what brought it up, and how I should answer it...in front of a priest no less, I glanced quickly over to the other end of the table. Luckily, it did not catch anyone's attention but mine.

"God puts them there," which seemed safe and true.

"Oh," was her matter-of-fact reply. "Does He cut off their heads to fit them in there or something?"

Seems we're safe from the birds and bees talk for now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne Di Silvestri said...

This made me laugh out loud. Goes to show that kids are never thinking what we think they are, and that very simple answers are usually what they are looking for, at least at that age.

I have recently discovered your blog and have been enjoying it very much.

As it turns out, I chose a very similar name for my blog: Raising Saints. I apologize, as I did not find yours until after the fact, and would have chosen another name had I known. It just seemed to make sense as a name, since that is really what we are doing: trying to raise angels and saints! Anyway, I guess we hopeful mothers of young children have this in common. :-)

Thanks for your posts and your delightful pictures. I have to get better at the photo part!

2:17 AM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

It's so nice to know that there are families out there bringing up the next generation to keep the faith alive.

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home