/> Raising Angels: Less Than Two Weeks and Counting

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Less Than Two Weeks and Counting



Yesterday marked exactly two weeks until my brother's wedding. We attended a wine and cheese shower for them to mark the day. We had a great time although it was a bit odd for me.

You see Brian was in the first high school class I taught. As you can imagine, his shower was attended by many of his classmates. Nothing like drinking with former students for an interesting night!

Even more interesting to me is how marriage and motherhood closes the age divide. Most of his classmates are now married and have kids the same age as mine. All of a sudden I didn't feel so old. We have a lot more in common now than we did when they were in school.

I love how life changes things. I can't wait for you to join the ranks Brian! Twelve days and 35 more minutes.

This is Kevin with his friend Emily. I'm afraid he will be sporting his goatee complete with all that hair for the wedding. Ah, the college days! You know I love ya' Kev!
That's my hubby on the left. He's been sporting the goatee since the bachelor party in Atlantic City. The jury is still out as to whether or not he'll keep it for the wedding.
And here I am with one of my best friends, Liz. Join me in praying that she'll be the next to marry!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

What a good looking guy on the right in that middle picture. So handsome...

8:52 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Oh yeah and one of my very favorite students.

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home