/> Raising Angels: Dad

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Dad

Receiving my first flowers for my first dance recital and then more every time I danced.

Being made green eggs via grape jelly and bologna with ketchup when you were in charge of meals.

Riding on the bus with all of the BIG basketball players and my first prime rib dinner at a fancy restaurant with the girls' team and you at my side. Not to mention finishing my meal even though you anticipated finishing it for me.

Watching soccer matches in the snow bundled under blankets and drinking hot chocolate.

Knowing that your love was sports and seeing you at my dance recitals, band concerts and plays.

Watching you make cotton candy in our very own backyard

Eating free hot dogs at lots of grand openings.

Being told that "nuns don't drive...don't date...don't...."

Going on the ride of my life with my senior class and knowing that you were the mastermind behind it.

Cheering so loud at Medieval Times that you lost your voice.

Having you visit my fist summer in Jenkins and watching you fall in love with the MCs just like I did.

Hearing you sing "How 'Bout Them Tummy Gummers" as you walked me down the aisle so that I wouldn't cry.

Sharing the birth of my children with you.

With you it's always an adventure dad! Thank you for always being there. Thank you for all that you have done, still do, and I'm sure will do for as long as you are able. I'm a better person because I am your daughter.

I love you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home