/> Raising Angels: Lenten Tag

Monday, April 10, 2006

Lenten Tag

I've been tagged by Michelle at rotetta stone. I don't have the mom experience she does but I'm on my way. So, here goes:

1. What do you do with your blessed palm from Palm Sunday? We make it into a cross and stick it in our mail and key holder that's right by the door. This makes it the last thing we see as we walk out the door.

2. What do you do with your old palm? This is a question I always ask myself. We try to dispose of it in a meaningful manner - like burning it and blowing away the ashes.

3. What do you do Holy Week in preparation of Easter? I try to focus on Jesus' last days and walk through His suffering with him. "Thank you Jesus," escapes my lips all day every day. I read stories to the kids that talk about this time and try to simplify my life as much as I can. I also do everything I can to participate in the Triduum.

4. How do you commemorate Christ's Passion on Good Friday? That is usually a day with no TV or radio. We do house cleaning and yard work until Stations of the Cross at noon. We then do the Resurrection Eggs and go back for the Veneration of the Cross at 3 p.m. We try to make it as prayerful and reflective as possible.

5. When do you color Easter eggs? Usually Good Friday or Holy Saturday.

6. When do you buy Easter candy? When I'm at the store with the least amount of kids. Actually, I bought mine a couple of weeks ago.

7. What is the first thing you do Easter morning? The past few Easters, I've gotten up early to put the Easter rolls or coffee cake in the oven. We then get everyone dressed and ready to go to church. We don't do the Easter egg hunt or baskets until we get home so we don't have to worry about chocolate on the new Easter outfits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home