/> Raising Angels: Playing Tag

Friday, January 27, 2006

Playing Tag

Patty at Mercy Drops Falling tagged me yesterday and asked me to list my 5 favorite pet peeves. Even though I have no "favorite" pet peeves (after all, that's why they're peeves aren't they?), I thought I'd play along.

1. People going slow in the left lane.
Hello! They don't call it the passing lane for no reason.

2. Going to the store to pick up a gallon of milk only to find that they have none.
Yes, believe it or not this has happened to me. After putting all 3 kids in car seats, taking all 3 out, walking through the whole parking lot, buckling them in the shopping cart and walking all the way back to the store to pick up a staple, I get a little irritated.

3. Changing both the boys' diapers only to take the 2nd child off of the changing table and find that the first one has managed to "stink up the joint".
I guess he prefers a clean start.

4. People who sit at a red light in the right lane when they don't have to turn.
A little consideration of the other drivers on the road is all that is needed.

5. Spending hours cooking a meal only to have a husband work late and kids who, "No like this mama!"
I guess I deserve this one since I think I did this more than once to my own mother.

I'm new in the blog world so the only people I know who have blogs and haven't been tagged yet are Rachel at testosterhome and Holly at happydaydeadfish. Okay girls - tag you're it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Patti Doughty said...

Okay, Amy, I'm officially shocked. I can't believe the store had no milk - what a travesty!! Bread, milk and toothpaste are a "must-have-at-all-times". And I have to agree with you about the left lane. If you're moving fast and approaching another car, as if to pass but not approaching quickly, I can understand. But, please, don't go 15 miles under the speed limit in the left lane, folks. Some people seem to think the rules of the road are, "Get as far left as you can as quickly as you can and stay there until you have to exit."

While I was reading your list, a long-forgotten memory returned - disposable diaper tabs that don't work. You go to open the tab and the whole thing pulls off the diaper. Don finally started taking these diapers and duck-taping them to the child. He said disposables were far too expensive to waste because the tabs were defective. I was a little embarrassed, but not so much that I didn't pull out the duck tape myself a time or two.

Thanks for playing. It was fun to read your responses.

Patti

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home