/> Raising Angels: These are the Days to Remember

Monday, January 16, 2006

These are the Days to Remember

This evening, after cleaning the house, lunching at Pizza Hut and playing at the park with my whole family, I went out to the trampoline with Mackenzie and Aiden to expend their remaining energy. We laughed and jumped together until I collapsed.

Mackenzie and Aiden joined right in and there we were - still, quiet and gazing at the darkening sky. "I have an idea mama," piped in Mackenzie. "Let's look at the clouds to see what shapes we can see."

"Good idea," I said and we picked out a few shapes together.

"Now let's just listen to the birds sing," she suggested.

We lay there, the three of us, the sky and the birds. The peace and quiet of the moment enveloped us. It was so perfect, so unexpected. It couldn't have lasted more than a few minutes, but it was pure heaven.

We came back in to eat and get ready for bed. In that hour and a half, the boys managed to destroy the kitchen and flood the bathroom. No one cooperated with the bed time routine. In fact, I can still hear Dawson chattering and he's been in bed for over an hour now. Where did that peace go?

These are the days I want to remember - the good, the bad, the very, very real. The frustration is often, the pain runs deep but the joy is incomprendible to anyone who has never held another's soul in their arms. I know one day I'm going to miss these days. One day I'm going to be the one saying, "Enjoy them while they're little." But one day seems so far away right now.

Today was a good day and one I want to remember for the rest of my life.

2 Comments:

Blogger Patti Doughty said...

And you'll have the opportunity, now that you've recorded those thoughts and feelings in a Post. You'll be able to look back for many years to come and remember. Congratulations on your Blog, Amy.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Thanks Patty. I may be able to gain some wisdom from blogs like yours and Rachel's since you are such experienced moms. Amy

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home