/> Raising Angels: Genetic Endowment

Monday, January 23, 2006

Genetic Endowment

Walking into the Y this morning, Aiden was attracting a lot of attention. It was a rainy day so his orange curls were glowing and his Spider Man umbrella was drawing many an eye.

In the hall on the way to the nursery we hopped on each ban of colors calling them out by name and laughing along the way.

Another mother came up behind us, obviously not looking too closely, and asked, "Does everyone ask you where the red hair comes from too?"

I glanced at her redhead and then raised an eyebrow to her. "Oh," she looked at me laughing nervously, "I guess not, since you have red hair too."

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I used to consider dying my hair after I had Ethan and Elliott. I was tired of people asking...

7:37 AM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Rach,

When I could barely speak, a friend of my mom's taught me to say ge-ne-tic en-dow-ment. Not only did it stop the questions, it dropped jaws.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home