/> Raising Angels: Painting the Town Red

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Painting the Town Red

Nelson to me on the cell phone, "Hey Doll, where are you?"

"Heading out of Surrey Center towards another destination. We're still looking for the right bridesmaid's dress. It's been a long, crazy search. How are things at home?"

"The kids are fine. Why don't you stay out, grab dinner and see a movie or something."

Truly amazed I questioned, "Are you sure?'

"Yes. Have fun."

"Oh boy," I told my soon to be sister-in-law, "I have the night off."

What did we do you may ask? Try on more dresses, drop her wedding gown off for storage, eat take out at my parents and head back to my house with Brian to watch a movie with Nelson.

Ah, the wild, exciting life of a mom whose wake-up call will come around 6 a.m.

2 Comments:

Blogger Patti Doughty said...

You might have to modify your title to "Painting the Town Pink". Don and I found real fast that our idea of a fun evening changed dramatically once we had children. Getting home, paying off the sitter, and seeing the children before bedtime became more important than we could have imagined. Then, we could have alone time at home and we found that to be even more enjoyable.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

It's amazing how priorities and definitions of a fun night change with children. It is truly a blessing.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home