/> Raising Angels: Score One for Aiden

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Score One for Aiden

Mackenzie running into the room: "Mama, Aiden just hit me!"

Aiden running in behind her: "Peas ahgive me Kenzie." He knows this is the first step to getting out of trouble.

Me: "Aiden, listen to me." His eyes wandered for he knew what was coming. "Look me right in the eyes," I said as I knelt down in front of him.

He met me there, eye to eye as I began, "You don't ever hit anyone, no matter what," I said as I looked past his eyes to his whole face and his orange curls sprouting off the top of his head on either side so that they looked like little horns. "Do you..." laughter erupted from me.

I blew it. I couldn't hold it in. Those blue eyes, big dimples and crazy curls got to me and I lost it. He grinned from ear to ear. "I look in eyes mama."

Score one for Aiden, zero for mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home