/> Raising Angels: Holding on to My Baby

Friday, January 13, 2006

Holding on to My Baby

Today I met a friend for lunch and had to pull Dawson out of bed while he was fast asleep. With baby #1 my philosophy was "never wake a sleeping baby". With #3 it has become, "you've just got to go with the flow baby".

As I scooped him out of his crib, his body collapsed into mine. He was perfectly still and drooped over my shoulder. I paused for a minute to enjoy it.

My boys are hardly ever still and rarely like to cuddle. When an opportunity like this arises I seize it. I know it won't be long before he'll be too big to carry, too big for mama's kisses. Today, right in that moment, I was so happy that he's still a little baby. It was only a minute, but I think I could have held him like that all day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home