/> Raising Angels: Next Year

Saturday, January 29, 2022

Next Year

Today I attended the wedding of a sweet friend and then helped set up and clean up at the reception. It doesn't sound like much fun, but it was. There's something about serving with other people that's good for my heart. When I got married, so many people served us that we were able to have a giant wedding for a fraction of what it should have cost. It makes me happy to be able to pay it forward. 

As we were carrying stuff from the kitchen to the bride's family's car, her nephew, who is a third grader at our school, looked at me and said, "Mrs. Parris, I can't wait to be in your class next year!" I'm not sure what kind of student he is, but right there in that kitchen looking into his smiling eyes, I decided he will be my favorite.

I'm grateful for the opportunity to teach kids who are young enough to still be excited about school. I'm grateful that God sent that young man to give me the encouragement to keep on keeping on. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home