/> Raising Angels: Moving On

Sunday, June 07, 2015

Moving On

As I sit here in my hotel room on Bourbon Street in New Orleans, I am finally finding a chunk of time to return to this cathartic place. It’s been another challenging season. This one is on the tails of this challenging season, which was on the tails of this one. Are you seeing a trend here? I’m certainly feeling it.

During a season when taking an anniversary trip was out of the question, God provided one for us. Nelson is attending a conference. It just so happens that it’s in New Orleans, they invited me to join him…AND they are paying for everything. The fact that it fell on the week of our anniversary and that my parents graciously agreed to stay with our kids was icing on the cake (Thanks Mom and Dad!).

God knows what you need when you need it. I am so grateful.

I think I have made a mistake of steering clear of this place during hard times. I’m going to work to rectify that.

Circumstances have changed so that Nelson has the computer when he’s working, which is often from before the sun rises until well after the kids go to bed. When he’s not out, he’s working from home with it. When I get the chance to use it, I can hardly form an intelligent thought, let alone put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard). He reminds me that I can use the kids’ computer but it’s not the same version and trying to make that work when I can’t even make my mind work is nearly impossible.

The problem is, that when I’m not writing here, I’m writing in my head. So the need to get things down is ever present, even when circumstances don’t allow it.


But that’s about to change. I don’t know how I’m going to make it work, but I now know that I have to.  I’ve moved through the crossroad and I’m on my way to tell my story.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I have missed you

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home