/> Raising Angels: Blessed

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Blessed


Do you see that sweet man with his arm around me? That is my precious father-in-law: the one who has a knack for knowing what I need to hear at the very moment I need to hear it, the one who thinks I do a great job with the kids on the days when they have brought me to tears, the one who tells me I have the hardest job in the world, the one who calls my kids his grand blessings.

He tolerates my Catholic nudges with a smile. In fact, he is now sharing books about saints with me. I'm wearing him down ;-). Most importantly he loves the Lord and that's what matters.

He is also responsible, along with my wonderful mother-in-law, for raising my amazing husband and for that I will be eternally grateful. Rich, if you ever wonder if you did anything good in life, come talk to me. You did it right with Nelson.

I write about my own family a lot but this picture that Rich's cousin sent me from that massive family reunion at my house made my heart swell with gratitude. I love my in-laws. My in-laws love me and tell me so on a regular basis.

I have a gift that not many people have and I am aware of how very, very blessed I am.

2 Comments:

Blogger Optimistic Existentialist said...

What a beautiful tribute. Also, I have no doubt that he is equally as lucky to have you as a daughter-n-law :)

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Tami said...

Amy, I tell everyone how blessed I am to have my in-laws. I truly understand what a treasure this is, and much like your father-in-law, my pop always tells me just what I need to hear when I need to hear it.

What lovely picture of the two of you .. the love shines through those smiles!

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home