/> Raising Angels: Seven Quick Takes - Grateful Edition

Friday, November 02, 2012

Seven Quick Takes - Grateful Edition

1. God has worked a miracle in my son Maximilian. It's a miracle worthy of its own post and the great news I've been dying to share. I want time to do it justice so the story will have to wait, but not my grateful heart. God is good! Remember there was a day when I never thought I'd see him do this.

2. I am grateful for my big beautiful home. It allows us to host and entertain so many wonderful people. It allows for sporting events and great games of hide and seek for the kids and their friends. It was lovingly planned and crafted by my best friend. That makes it feel like a hug every time I walk in the door.
*Ok this is not really my house. Just thought it would be funny since I don't have a photo of my own.

3. I am grateful that I am married to a man who loves the Lord and seeks to follow His ways. He has so many other wonderful qualities but if he didn't have this first one, I wouldn't have married him. What a tremendous gift he is in my life!

4. I am grateful for Mackenzie who entered her last year of childhood this summer. She is becoming such a beautiful young woman. She makes good choices in her friends and activities. She helps me so much. I owe her a post too. I will not forget.

5. I am grateful for Aiden. I love his curiosity and desire to learn. I love, love, love when he spontaneously holds my hand. It melts my heart but I'm smart enough not to make a big deal of it for fear it may never happen again.

6. I am grateful for Dawson. His smile can turn me to mush. He has such a sweet and tender nature. He's my lovey dovey kid and I hope that never fades.

 
7. I am also grateful for Maximilian. I am grateful for his struggles, weaknesses and healing. I am grateful, oh so grateful, that God was generous enough to bless us with this boy. If he never makes the soccer team or wins a race, I will still be grateful because he is Max.

Don't forget to count your own blessings! Thanks to Jen for a reason to write.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Found you over from quick takes! What a beautiful post about your gratitude and your family:) Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

2:14 PM  
Blogger Amy Parris said...

Thanks Mama Leigh. I hope you come again :-)

9:59 PM  
Blogger Optimistic Existentialist said...

Such wonderful things to be greatful for my friend :)

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home