/> Raising Angels: Seven Quick Takes

Friday, October 26, 2012

Seven Quick Takes

1. I went to Sam's today and passed by these and thought, "Yum!" I love pomegranates but I never buy them because they are too much trouble. I'm kind of lazy like that about some things. They have so many good health benefits I figured this purchase could be likened to buying a bag of chocolate covered vitamins. What you can’t see is that at the top of the bag it says they are a natural source of flavanoi antioxidants. See? Healthy!
 
I was a bit nervous about the purchase as things from Sam's are not good sized things to try and see if you like it, but I did it anyway. Sweet pomegranates!  They are super duper delicious. Every time I eat one I think about how healthy I'm being. Dark chocolate - that's good for you too. 
 
I also bought a giant tub of chocolate chip cookie dough because, hey, that has chocolate in it. Obviously, I was on a health kick.
 
Note to self: Eat before you go shopping at Sam's.
 
 2. We hosted a dinner party on the first day of fall, not for that purpose, it just happened to fall on the same day. Get it? ;-)
 
It was a good excuse to get all my fall stuff out. I love this season. I love the crispness in the air, the changing colors of the leaves, the smell of pumpkins and apples cooking.
 
Only problem is that I live in Augusta and it's still 80 degrees and we're getting none of that stuff. My house looks pretty though.
3. This is Mackenzie and her cousin giving me their best smolders. If you've seen Tangled, you know what I'm talking about. They manage to pull off pretty good ones and still look cute. It cracks me up.

4. This is what Nelson and I looked like when we tried it. Nelson looks like he's in mid-kiss and I look frightening. Serious looks have never been my thing, ask my wedding photographer.
 
I'm going to have to figure out a different way to smolder.

5. Mackenzie worked most of the summer on perfecting the art of the french braid. She's braided the hair of anyone who will sit long enough for her to try it. Since school has started, her volleyball teammates have showed up to many a game, hairstyle courtesy of Mackenzie.
 
The downside to this is that she now wants to do my hair before I go anywhere.

6.  This year we branched out from our ordinary sand sculptures of sea turtles and super heroes. Aiden, my space loving son, wanted to sculpt the solar system. I agreed to help and then proceeded to get many a correction as to placement, size and order of the planets.
 
It turned out pretty cool. We started off with the sun, which is the one that looks like a crab (for some reason I thought rays might make it more recognizable) and even included the asteroid belt.
 
That kid is really something else.

7. I love this shot of Max walking with my mom. It is a photographic reminder of how much she helps me with my kids. The reason I'm able to do all the volunteering I do is that my mom is so willing to watch them for me.
 
I was not close to either set of my grandparents. Distance prevented that on both accounts. My kids, however, live in the same town as both sets of their grandparents. They are just as comfortable in their homes as ours. I love that.

I’ve got a birthday cake to bake for Dawson. . While I do that, why don't you go here and read some more quick takes. Happy weekend!

1 Comments:

Blogger nicole said...

I love those chocolate pomegranates! I just bought a bag of cranberry ones too. I like the pomegranates better, but both are yum.

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home