/> Raising Angels: Jumping Into Cooler Waters

Thursday, September 08, 2011

Jumping Into Cooler Waters

Oh the adjustment back to schedules...is killing us. Gone are the lazy days (come to think of it, did I have any of those?) and relaxed evenings. In is the 3 to 8 PM mad rush of homework, chores, lunch packing, dinner cooking, cleaning, showers, games, practices and a whole lot of voice raising on my end. The kids don't do so well with "hurry up".

On top of all that I currently have three boys who are taking turns getting up in the middle of the night. Last night when the second one came down at 3 AM, I told Nelson it’s like having a newborn with all the sleep interruptions we're experiencing. I don't know where it came from. My kids have always been great sleepers but suddenly one doesn't like his room, one is having nightmares and another just prefers my bed. We're working to nip this in the bud but it's wearing me out. I need sleep.

I'm telling myself that all of this is due to re-entry. Kind of like when you jump in the pool without testing the waters and it takes your breath away. Eventually you catch your breath, your body adjusts and you realize it's actually a very comfortable temperature for swimming. You get used to it and move on.

That's what I'm telling myself, while I'm breathless and shivering from the cold.

1 Comments:

Blogger nicole said...

Yep. I bet the nighttime interruptions slow down soon, as everyone gets used to the new routine.

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home