/> Raising Angels: Weekending

Thursday, June 09, 2011

Weekending

Tomorrow I'm taking the kids to Tampa, FL to visit their Uncle Aaron. We'll leave early in the morning and hopefully get there in time for dinner, spend time Saturday doing something fun, go to church on Sunday and then head home...without Aiden and Dawson. Yep, Uncle Aaron wants to keep them for the week.

The boys are crazy excited and so is Aaron (we'll see how long that lasts). Funny thing is that by the time Mackenzie, Max and I return home, Nelson will be in Kansas City visiting my brother Kevin. My mind is mulling over what I will do with three whole days with only two kids in the house.

There are projects...lots and lots of projects and errands to be done. There is that temptation to clean like crazy because it might stay that way for longer than two minutes with only two kids to mess things up. Then there is that other side of me that says, maybe, since everyone else is on vacation, maybe we should do one of those "staycations". Hmm...high tea, nails done, pools floated in, and dinners out sounds kind of fun.

I'm not sure if I can do that. I'm getting better at it but the "let's get things done" side of me is much stronger after years of working out. And, just as in exercise, it hurts to use those week muscles.

We'll see which side gets its workout next week. Until then, happy weekend to you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home