/> Raising Angels: Read My Lips

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Read My Lips

I was stealing a few minutes away at the pool today reading a book, something I rarely get the chance to do...just for fun. I zoomed through two whole pages when my silence was broken by a dripping wet Max.

"Mama" he asked as he dampened my arm with his hand,” will you please push me on the swing?"

I looked up into those pathetic little eyes and said, "Sure buddy, just give me a minute." I thumbed through the pages and realized I was only a page and a half away from the end of the chapter. "Let me read these last two pages and I'll be right there."

"Okay," he said rather impatiently. I tried to hurry through the page but it was hard to concentrate with two intense eyes staring at me. He once again put his wet hand on my arm and leaned in close. Then he leaned in even closer until he was almost nose to nose with me. "You're not really reading."

"I'm trying to buddy but you're kind of distracting me."

He looked closely and observed, "How can you be reading? Your lips are not moving at all!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home