/> Raising Angels: God's Plan for Me

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

God's Plan for Me

Seems God has a theme going in my life this summer. He's been talking to me a lot about relaxing a little bit, taking it easy and enjoying the moment. He's also been proving to me that I can do those things and still be able to do what I need to do.

Today He drove His point home in an unusual way. I had an early run on the books while Max and Mackenzie were still asleep, followed by a nice hot breakfast and then on to the big project of the day.

That was the plan except that sometime in the night a little hand tapped my arm and asked, "Mama, can I snuggle with you?" I was too tired to say no, so in he climbed. When the alarm went off at 6 I hit it fast so I wouldn't wake him. He'll be up soon, I thought, I'll run then. I rolled over and went back to sleep.

When he finally shoved off the covers, it was ten o'clock in the morning. How is that possible? This is my kid who wakes at 7 like clock work.

This was not the morning I had planned, but I'm beginning to see it's not all about my plan. God has something different in mind for me and why I hope every morning doesn't start quite so late, I'm not going to complain about a good, solid night's sleep or God’s plan for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

So sweet! I had the same thing happen a couple of mornings ago too!

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home