/> Raising Angels: Something New: Seven Quick Takes

Friday, February 04, 2011

Something New: Seven Quick Takes

1. In light of the lack of blogging lately, I've decided having a topic given to me by Jen over at Conversion Diary might at least keep me posting once a week. Surely I'll have the time to do more than that...one of these days.

2. Last night a rare thing happened around here. The kids were in bed, Nelson was out and the kitchen was cleaned by 9:30. My mind was whirling with all the things I could be doing when I had the brilliant idea that what I really needed was to sit down, put my feet up and veg out in front of the TV. I never do that.

I was totally psyched. I willed myself not to pick up the computer, carry in my school work or start a late load of laundry. I simply plopped down on the couch, pulled out the foot rest, took a deep breath and turned on the TV. However, try as I may, I could not make the sound work.

Bye, bye peace. I was too frustrated by my plans being foiled to think that I might also enjoy reading a book, taking a long shower or going to bed early. I know there was a lesson for me but I was too agitated to let it sink in.

3. I have a friend coming over in the morning to help me come up with an organizational plan for some places in my house. I feel like a kid on the night before Christmas. I'm so very excited and grateful. I'll let you know how it goes.

4. My neighbors who have two sweet little girls (one of whom just happens to be my goddaughter), welcomed a baby boy into the world this morning and I'm thrilled for them. I was so excited when I got the news this morning that I went into the attic and spent an hour sorting and gathering some baby boy stuff to give them. And I wonder where all my time goes.

5. It's currently pouring down rain and I've got two kids out with friends and I'm watching the other two snuggled up on the couch watching a movie. It's the cutest thing I think I've ever seen.

6. Today was one of those head spinning, hyper-ventilating days. I'm not going to go into it other than to say it's almost over and tomorrow's going to better if it kills me.

7. Last, and certainly not least, I'm Vegas bound baby! Nelson earned his way into the Comcast President's Club this year and won an all inclusive WEEK in none other than Las Vegas.

First let me say that I am so very proud of my husband. Of all the people in his area, which covers Savannah, Charleston, Augusta and several other cities, his boss submitted his name and his name only. He works long, hard hours for this place and he is absolutely the best at what he does (so I'm a bit prejudice but really it's true). I'm so very happy he's finally getting a well-deserved pat on the back.

You rock babe and I'm amazed by you and your many talents.

Second, let me also say, that I - can't - wait!!! I've never been and I love that the time we get to go the whole thing is on good old Uncle Comcast -trips to the spa, cocktail parties, front row show tickets and cash to spend. I can already envision myself passed out on the massage table while someone else is rubbing my stress away. Um...that probably doesn't sound so good, but trust me when I say that when I am in that moment, I won't care what it sounds like to anyone else.

Truth be told a week away with my husband is a thrilling gift to me no matter where we are. I love, love, love that the thought of time with him still makes my heart skip a beat. I love that it doesn't matter if we're in the comfort of our own home or in the crazy city of Vegas, of all the people I could spend time with, he's still my first choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home